Friday, September 05, 2008

Mrs. Agnes' Peppermint Cough Syrup









Ingredients:


1 Pint Good Whiskey
Soft Peppermint Sticks or Pillows


In a tall slim jar with a good fitting lid, put as much soft stick peppermint candy as it will hold. Pour in 1 pint of good whiskey. Shake to help whiskey to melt candy.

You may also use soft pillows (which I used). Keep putting in candy until liquid is as thick as cold honey.

Coat spoon with syrup and lay it on the back of your tongue for proper usuage.

2 comments:

Cara said...

Wow, this is a recipe I have wanted to find for a long time. My paternal grandmother made this when I was a child, and it was the BEST cough syrup, bar none. Thanks!

KFarmer said...

cs~ me too! I have an older friend who lives down the road, Ms. Agnes, who shared a book she is writing for her children with all the OLD recipes. If you can think of any other you would like, please let me know. I may have it :)