Monday, November 17, 2008

Heart Attack Dressing

Egg Bread:

3 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups plain yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. sugar
2 tsps. baking powder
2 sticks butter, melted
1 tsp. salt

Beat eggs, add 1 stick of melted butter and buttermilk. Mix soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and meal in a separate bowl. Beat into egg mixture a little at a time. Add second stick of melted butter. Pour into greased pan (I use my cast iron skillet) and bake @ 350 degrees until golden brown~ 30-40 minutes.

Dressing:

6 biscuits
1 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 medium finely chopped onions
4 eggs
1 cup melted butter
2 1/2 cups chicken broth (I usually add more~ depends on how big my biscuits are and how many I use)

Mix dressing w/egg bread while it is still hot from the oven. Put all in dressing pan and bake @ 350 til golden brown.

Call 911 if you experience any heart palpation's...

Klf

No comments: