Saturday, October 14, 2006

Ready Set Cook!

This week's ingredients were:

Boiled Ham
Heavy Cream
Mushrooms












Recipe for the week- Ham Quiche!

(I know, boring but I have never attempted one before and thought it was about damn time)

Ingredients Used

5 eggs
Cream
1 cup Swiss cheese
Portobello mushrooms
Roasted red pepper
Diced ham
Grits
Butter
9 inch deep dish pie crust

Chop and saute mushrooms in butter, add roasted red peppers; let cool.











Boil water for grits, add salt, butter, grits and cook till done; add cream. Turn on very low heat; do not let cool completely.











Beat eggs and cream till light and fluffy.










Add Swiss cheese, ham, mushrooms and red pepper and black pepper.












Place grits in bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle with more black pepper.











Add egg mixture to pie and sprinkle more black pepper on top.











Place in preheated oven at 375 for 30 to 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.













Breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner is served!











As I had some cream left over, I decided to make a simple desert.

Peaches & Cream & Ice Cream

Cook peaches in butter, add sugar and cinnamonon.











Scoop out vanilla ice cream, place cooked peaches on top and add a splash of heavy cream.










I'm so happy to be playing again. The daughter enjoyed it as well. This has made my day and I can't wait to read the other ideas on Thursday!


K

2 comments:

kbabe1968 said...

Hey there! This is great - I didn't know you did this! I need to learn how to add pix to my blog! How cool!!!

KFarmer said...

I just noticed you had stopped by!

I'll help you put pictures up if you would like. Just let me know when you are ready :)