Wednesday, October 11, 2006

This is from a previous post in Kfarmer-

Well it's Sunday, day three of my vacation.If the next 8 days are half as good at the first two, I just dont know what I will do with myself- The stuffed peppers were sucked down in no time flat and the egg rolls followed suit. We still have pasta salad, bar-b-que, baked beans and the red velvet cake-

Jalapeno Poppers:

1-2 packages of cream cheese (depends on how big your peppers are) room temperature.
2-4 cloves chopped garlic
1/4 c finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
chopped fresh basil leaves
pinch salt
10-25 jalapeno peppers
1/2 to 1 pound thinly sliced bacon
tooth picks

Mix cream cheese with garlic, tomatoes, basil and salt.

Slice each pepper length wise on one side (careful not to cut the pepper in half) Remove seeds if you cant stand the heat or leave a few in...

Take a pastry bag (or glad plasic baggie) and fill with stuffing. I usually use one of my childrens old baby spoons to fill the pepper-what ever is easiest. Wrap each stuffed pepper in a piece of bacon and if you wrap it right, you wont need a tooth pick. If the bacon is dangling off the pepper, use tooth pick. Cook in 350 oven until bacon is done. I always put a piece of tin foil on my cookie sheet to keep from messing up the pan. Make a bunch- those things go fast.

Ok- time to get day Number 3 started- Looks like it is going to be a great one- we may even get some rain.

TTFN

No comments: